At the Jockey Club Home for Hospice (JCHH), we strive to ensure that no patient is deprived of quality hospice and palliative care. Thanks to the generosity of the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust and the community for their donations and support, our patients and their families can apply for various financial subsidies, including "The Jockey Club In-patient Hospice Care Subsidy Program". Our social workers will assess the eligibility of each application with due consideration to the households’ financial condition.
- Must be residing in Hong Kong as a permanent resident and under the care of the JCHH team
- Must have at least one family member or significant other who agrees to provide support in his/her end-of-life care, and to work closely with our case manager
- Must have completed the JCHH family financial assessment with recommendation by a social worker; supporting documents will be required as proof of eligibility
Household Financial Requirements
Patients must fulfill the criteria below to be considered for financial subsidies.
- Total monthly household income must not exceed 150% of MMDHI*
- Total value of household assets must not exceed HK$1,000,000**
- * Median Monthly Domestic Household Income (MMDHI) refers to the average household income (in HKD) within the past 12 months. Household income includes, but not limited to, salary, pension, regular financial contributions from relatives and/or friends not under the same household, income generated from assets and/or properties, and other forms of regular income/compensation. Financial assistance provided by the HKSAR Government (e.g. Work Incentive Transport Subsidy Scheme, Low-income Working Family Allowance, Allowances under the Social Security Assistance (SSA) scheme [e.g. Normal Disability Allowance, Higher Disability Allowance, Old Age Living Allowance, and Old Age Allowance], and subsidies from the Community Care Fund assistance programmes) is considered household income
- ** Assets refer to the household’s total net asset value (in HKD) excluding the property in which the patient resides
- MMDHI can be referenced in the Quarterly Report on General Household Survey by the Census and Statistics Department (https://www.censtatd.gov.hk/hkstat/sub/sp150.jsp?productCode=D5250038)
- JCHH reserves the right to the final decision on any and all applications
Support our patients